- 250 grams of boneless chicken- diced
- Corn- one can
- Capsicum- 2, diced
- Chili garlic sauce
- Soya sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Puff pastry – depending on the serving
- Egg- for wash
This recipe has been in our family for generations. Every relative I have, makes their own version of a chicken pie. It’s quite a staple tea item in our household
and everyone loves. I hope this helps you impress your guests over tea!
- In a pan, add the diced chicken and 2 cups of water enough to boil the chicken in.
- Whilst the chicken boils, add a squirt of ketchup and chili garlic sauce to the water. To this mixture add two tbsp of vinegar and soya sauce followed by salt and pepper to taste.
- Let this mixture sit on a low heat for a few minutes until the sauce becomes thick.
- Take the pan off the heat and let the sauce sit for a few minutes.
- Roll the puff pastry and cover the baking dish of your choice.
- To the pastry, lay out some mayo, creating a thick layer at the bottom.
- Now add some corn, capsicum and olives over the mayo followed by half of the chicken laid aside.
- Create another layer of corn, capsicum and olives followed by chicken.
- Now wrap the pastry over the top to cover. Wash with an egg and bake for 45 minutes at 270 degrees.