One of the easiest and most scrumptious of all deserts, today I bring you my favorite recipe of cream stuffed chocolate éclairs. It barely takes any time and can be a great replacement for mithai at various occasions since it’s a one bite treat and is not very messy. So without further ado, let’s begin.
- Water- 1 cup
- Butter-1 stick
- Flour- 1 cup
- Eggs- 4
- Whipped cream
- Vanilla essence- 3 to 4 drops
- Chocolate chips
- Warm milk- 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat water and butter in a pan. Add flour and stir constantly till thick, smooth dough is formed.
- Beat 4 eggs, one at time, into the dough and mix well till it smoothens.
- Use a tablespoon to form small balls and put them over a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until light brown. Keep aside.
- Add the vanilla essence into the whipped cream. And mix well.
- Make small incisions on the side of the dough balls. Use an icing nozzle to squirt the whipped cream inside the ball. Smoothen it out from the top.
- Place a bowl full of the chocolate chips over a pan of hot water and add some milk a little at a time. Mix well until the chips are melted.
- You can either drizzle the hot chocolate sauce over the balls or submerge the dough balls in the sauce, and freeze.