- 1 large cabbage head, chopped
- 3 chopped onions
- 5 chopped carrots
- 6 celery stalks
- 6-7 medium sized tomatoes
- 3 diced capsicum
- 16 ounces of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dried herbs (optional)
The Cabbage Soup diet is a short cut way to lose those unwanted pounds that accumulate around your waist. It’s a low-fat, low-calorie and high fiber soup that, if taken for one week on a strict diet regimen, can help you get that summer bod we’re all dying for. This soup is not a permanent diet and should not be used for extended period of time to lose weight fast as it doesn’t contain all the essential nutrients required by the body for optimum health. It can, however, motivate you to take up a more balanced extensive diet plan.
Authors’ note- This soup is taken with a strictly devised meal plan and must not be taken alone. This diet should not be done for more than a week as it can create health problems related to malnutrition.
- Blend all the diced tomatoes, until pureed.
- In a large pot, mix all the cut up vegetables with the chicken broth and tomato puree.
- Simmer over a low flame for about half an hour or till the vegetables are tender.
- Add salt and pepper, and if needed, some dried herbs including oregano or rosemary for flavor.
The soup can also be stored in the fridge for later use, for several days.