There is nothing more attractive than flipping your thick glossy hair. But hair fall is a kind of problem that a lot of people suffer from. This can be due to several reasons. Aging, stress, smoking, hormonal imbalance, genetic factors, scalp infections, cosmetics, medicines, thyroid disorders, PCOS, iron deficiency anemia, chronic illnesses and most importantly your diet. What you eat affects your hair as well.
Don’t freak out if you see a few of your hair here and there. Losing hundred strands a day is pretty much normal, ladies! But if you see more than that and a bald spot showing up, then that could be a problem. Just don’t load your head with lots of chemical products. Be patient and try using a few of these hair fall remedies at home.
1. Hair Oil Massage
Nothing is more soothing than getting someone to massage your scalp while you soak your feet in a hot water tub. Find the right oil for your hair. Castor, almond, coconut and mustard oil are the best ones for your hair.
- Warm the oil a little before applying it to your scalp.
- Massage with your fingertips by applying a little pressure in a circular motion.
- Keep your head warm and leave it overnight unless of course you plan on seeing someone.
2. Fenugreek Seeds (methi)
You only need the seeds.
- Soak one cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- In the morning, grind them into a paste and apply it directly on your scalp.
- Leave it on for 40 minutes and wear a shower cap.
- Rinse your hair.
Do this for a month and see the difference.
3. Onion Juice
Yes, it stinks and might sting a little, but, it makes a difference. Onion juice contains sulfur content, which regenerates hair follicles and reduces inflammation. The antibacterial property helps kill bacteria and parasite and treat many scalp infections.
- Extract the juice by grating one onion and strain it.
- Apply the juice directly onto the scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes, later wash it off.
- Finally, shampoo your hair.
- Repeat this twice or thrice a week and you will see your hair getting better.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains enzymes that directly promote healthy hair growth. Its alkalizing properties normalize the hair and scalp’s pH, which promotes hair growth and provides strength. Regular use of aloe vera gel relieves scalp itching, reduces redness and inflammation and adds strength to hair. It also helps diminish dandruff.
- Apply Aloe Vera juice or gel onto the scalp.
- Leave it on for a few hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water after a while.
- Repeat this process three to four times a week.
- You can also consume one tablespoon of aloe vera on an empty skin to improve your hair and your skin.
5. Egg and Yogurt Mask
Sounds like a protein treatment at home, no? Why spend big bucks at a salon for protein treatment when you can have one at home? Egg and yogurt mask for hair fall is an amazing blend.
- Mix yogurt, egg and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Apply it all over your hair and scalp.
- Let it dry and leave it on for 45 minutes.
- Later shampoo your hair thoroughly.
Repeat this once in two weeks. The protein provides strength to the hair follicles, thus, reduces hair loss. It also makes your hair shinier than usual.