The King of Crunk, Lil Jizzel
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Lil Jon went to the Frederick Douglass High School in Atlanta. He eventually graduated from high school in 1989 and got enrolled at the St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia. He studied at the university for 2 years.
Rapper, Record Producer, DJ
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Carrie Smith-Williams
- Siblings – Chris Smith (Brother), Willie Smith (Brother)
Lil Jon is represented by –
- Skam Artist, Inc. (Talent Management Company)
- Royal Agency, Inc.
Hip-hop, Crunk, Tap
Vocals, Keyboard, Synthesizer, Drum Machine, Sampler
- BME Recordings
- Universal Republic
- Little Jonathan Inc.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lil Jon has dated –
- Nicole Smith – In 2004, Lil Jon married his long-time girlfriend Nicole Smith in a lavish ceremony held at Wyndham El Conquistador Resort and Golden Door Spa in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. They also have a son named Nathan Smith (b. 1998), who is a hockey player.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African American ancestry.
- Dreadlocks Hairstyle
- Often wears shades
- Diamond encrusted teeth
Lil Jon has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Bud Light
- Radio Shack
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being the founder and frontman of the rap group, Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz, who are best known for collaborating with a host of popular hip-hop artists such as Krayzie Bone, Usher, and Ludacris.
- The popularity of his single, Turn Down for What, which managed to reach as high as the 4th spot on Billboard Hot 100 and was certified 5x ‘Platinum’ by the RIAA. DJ Snake had collaborated for the single.
- Having appeared in a couple of seasons of the popular reality TV show, Celebrity Apprentice.
In June 2010, he released his debut solo studio album, Crunk Rock, which went on to reach a 5th position on the US rap charts.
His debut studio album with The East Side Boyz was Get Crunk, Who U Wit: Da Album, which was released in October 1997 and was a moderate success.
In 2005, he made his theatrical film in the drama movie, Boss’n Up.
First TV Show
In 2003, Lil Jon made his first TV show appearance in the Voodoo That You Do… with Hobbits! episode of Player$.
His workout routine and diet plans aren’t known.
Lil Jon Favorite Things
- NHL Team – Vegas Golden Knights
- College Football Team – University of Tennessee Volunteers
- TV Show – The Walking Dead
- Influences – 8Ball & MJG, 2 Live Crew, OutKast, Three 6 Mafia, UGK, Geto Boys, Dr. Dre, N.W.A, Sir Mix-A-Lot
- Food – Mediterranean
- Apps – Postmates, GrubHub, and Eat24
- Fictional Villain – Heath Ledger’s Joker
- Karaoke Song – Get Low
- Nicolas Cage Movie – Face/Off
- Spot At Dubai – Catch Dubai
- Fast Food Joint – Fatburger
- Book – Art Of War
Source – Wikipedia, Engadget, Syracuse, Time Out Dubai, Reddit
Lil Jon Facts
- In 2000, he launched his own record label, BME Recordings. He inked a distribution deal with Georgia-based Norcross Music Distribution.
- In 2006, he announced that he had ended his record deal with TVT. He alleged that the owner of the record label, Steve Gottlieb, was shortchanging him.
- In 2013, he collaborated with Zumba Fitness to start a new nightclub tour known as Zumba Nightclub Series. As a part of the deal, he also created Work single for Zumba Fitness.
- In 2007, he managed to find a place on Guinness Book of World Records by wearing the biggest diamond pendant, which was 7.5 inches tall, 6 inches wide, 1 inch thick and weighed 5.11 lbs. It was worth $500,000 and was encrusted with 73 carats of diamonds.
- He has created his own drink by the name of Crunk Juice, which was essentially an energy drink that was infused with alcohol. Apparently, the drink was as strong as wine and UK police had to issue a warning for the drink.
- In 2008, he announced his new venture Lil Jonathan’s Winery. His winery had a collection of merlot and chardonnay wines.
- In October 2015, he launched his exclusive app, VEXT, which allowed users to create a video clip using video and soundboard-style clips, which could be easily shared via an SMS.
- He has also participated in the 11th and 13th season of the popular show, Celebrity Apprentice. He was placed at the 4th position in the 11th season and 3rd position in the 13th season.
- After returning from St. Joseph’s University, he started performing as a DJ in a number of Georgia-based hip-hop clubs.
- From 1993 to 2000, he worked as an A and R (artists and repertoire) executive with So So Def Recordings, which gave him an opportunity to learn music industry inside out.
- Visit his official website @ liljon.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, and Google+.
Featured Image by Luke Ford / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.5