|Natalie Bassingthwaighte Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1975|
Nat Bass, Nat
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Natalie Bassingthwaighte studied at the Balarang Primary School. She then joined Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts and later on went to graduate from the Australian College of Entertainment.
Australian Recording Artist, Actress, Television Personality, Author, Fashion Designer
- Father – Michael Bassingthwaighte (CEO of a healthcare insurance provider)
- Mother – Betty Bassingthwaighte (Theatre Nurse, Beauty Therapist, Hairdresser)
- Siblings – Melinda Sheldrick (Older Sister) and twins, Lisa Fogarty (Younger Sister) and Nicole Moore (Younger Sister)
Natalie Bassingthwaighte is managed by Erin O’Connor, RGM Artists, Surry Hills, New South Walse, Australia.
5 ft 3.5 in or 161 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Natalie Bassingthwaighte has dated –
- Graham Wilmott (1998-2000) – Natalie and chef Graham Wilmott got married at a Glebe Church in the spring of 1998. The couple’s reception was held in a lavish style at a Dural reception center. Their marriage lasted only for 2 years as they decided to go separate ways in 2000.
- Cameron McGlinchey (2006-Present) – Natalie and Cameron knew each other for a long time. Cameron is a former drummer of Rogue Traders. They started dating in 2006. Natalie and McGlinchey got married at the Stokehouse overlooking the foreshore in St. Kilda, Melbourne amidst 100 guests, on December 4, 2011. There have 2 children together – daughter Harper Rain Sinclair McGlinchey (b. 2010) and son Hendrix John Hickson McGlinchey (b. 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
- Squared jawline
- Straight Nose
- Toned body
- Blue eyes
- She has worked for Vicks Australia and Save the Children‘s project, “Breathe for Life” and has also traveled to Bangladesh between March–April 2012 to support the project.
- Natalie has appeared in a commercial for ANZ Tennis Hot Shots in 2017.
- She is the ambassador for Pink Hope’s charity fundraiser.
Best Known For
- Bing the lead singer of Australian electro-pop band, Rogue Traders. In 2008, she left Rogue Traders to pursue her solo music career.
- Hosting So You Think You Can Dance Australia for its first 3 seasons, earning her 3 Logie Award nominations.
- Her book Sistahood: A Journal of Self-Discovery which she co-wrote with her younger sister Nicole Moore. The book is aimed to increase self-confidence in young girls, citing examples from her own life.
- Her children’s clothing label, Chi Khi. The collection was launched in March 2015 and featured natural bamboo cotton fabrics and clothing for both boys and girls aged 0-4.
- Being a judge and mentor on The X Factor Australia from 2011 to 2014.
In February 2009, Natalie’s debut solo album 1000 Stars was released through Sony Music Australia. The album debuted at #1 on the ARIA Albums Chart and was certified ‘Gold’ by the Australian Recording Industry Association. The album’s 2 singles, “Alive” and “Someday Soon”, were certified ‘Platinum’.
In 2006, she made her theatrical film debut playing the character of Jinx de Luxe in the thriller, When Darkness Falls.
First TV Show
In 1997, she made her first TV show appearance playing a young singer in the popular TV series Heartbreak High.
Natalie does not have a fixed workout timing. She tries to exercise 3 times a week. Her usual workout consists of tennis, personal training, and Pilates.
She is quite particular about her diet. Her typical diet is as follows –
- Early Morning – Hot water with lemon
- Breakfast – Green smoothie using Kale, Spinach, Banana, Avocado, Coconut yogurt and Coconut water
- Lunch – Protein, Salad
- Snack – Nuts, Seeds
- Dinner – Vegetables and Meat or Vegetables and Fish.
She aims for the best shape simply by eating raw, healthy, and organic food whenever possible.
Natalie Bassingthwaighte Favorite Things
- Type Of Coffee – Three-quarter soy latte
- Sydney Spot – Watsons Bay
- Comfort Food – Chocolate
Source – Daily Telegraph
Natalie Bassingthwaighte Facts
- She is often described as “pint-sized” and “tiny”.
- She was often bullied in school for her short height.
- Natalie played the character of Tinker Bell at her primary school drama production.
- According to her, the 3 items that every woman should own are jeans, boots and bomber jacket.
- In 2017, she participated in the 3rd season of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! Australia. She managed to reach the grand finale and secure the 3rd position in the competition.
- Her signature scent is Chanel Mademoiselle.
- She is a regular at Fratelli Fresh in Potts Point.
- Her 5, real or fictional, dream dinner party guests would be Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, Nelson Mandela, Muhammad Ali, Eva Cassidy.
- Visit her official website @ www.natbass.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube VEVO.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0