PRODUCT REVIEW: TestWORx Testosterone Booster.
In our mission to find the best testosterone booster, we are constantly testing and reviewing new supplements and their ingredients.
This time we’re taking a look at Superior Labs TEST WORx.
It’s one of the more popular T boosters out there; claiming to promote your sex drive, energy levels, muscle gains, and strength in the gym.
It only uses natural ingredients; this suggests there’s very little risk of side effects.
But just how good it is?
And will it give you the results you want?
Our Superior Labs TEST WORx will help you find that out.
Pros and Cons
After careful consideration and hours of diligent research, our team of experts found these to be pros and cons of Superior Labs TEST WORx:
- Zinc and B6 are essential for healthy testosterone production
- Longjack and Maca boost libido
- Safely dosed
- Missing vitamin D, magnesium, and black pepper extract
- Seems to work for libido and virility, not so much for boosting testosterone
- Uses a proprietary blend
Who Makes TEST WORx?
TEST WORx is made by Superior Labs. This is a reputable company which offers a range of products, with TEST WORx being their top-of-the-line supplement.
They pride themselves on ingredient purity, claiming they don’t use any artificial ingredients in their formulas. They also work to stay on top of scientific research when it comes to choosing their ingredients. In a minute, we’ll see if that’s really the case!
Superior Labs TEST WORx claims to promote muscle growth, energy, stamina, mood, recovery, and motivation to train in the gym. On the official website, the list of benefits looks as follows:
- Improves Muscle Growth
- Enhance Drive
- Aids Body Fat Loss
- Promotes Energy
- Improves Muscle Recovery Time
We’re used seeing supplement companies that claim various things about their products.
What we really want to check are the ingredients – that’s what’s going to tell us how good (or bad) this testosterone booster really is.
TEST WORx Ingredients
There are a total of 9 ingredients in TEST WORx. 4 of them are essential vitamins and minerals; these are basic ingredients that support your general health and testosterone production.
The remaining 5 ingredients are, unfortunately, a part of a proprietary blend.
This means their separate dosages are hidden; you can only see their combined dose in the “blend”.
Not that it matters that much though since the blend is only 475mg. And the ingredients in it aren’t shown to have any significant impact on your male hormone.
See for yourself:
Vitamin B3 or Niacin is useful to have in a testosterone booster. It’s not going to skyrocket your testosterone levels, but that’s not why it’s there in the first place. It’s included to provide you with foundational support and general health benefits. You can think of B3 here as an insurance policy against deficiency. (1)
Once again, this is another basic yet critical ingredient in any health supplement. B12 plays a role in various bodily processes, including helping your cells produce energy. It’s a nice addition to a testosterone booster, but not something that’ll help you boost T directly. (3)
Zinc is a mineral that’s crucial for your immune system, skin, nails, and yes – testosterone. Lack of zinc can prevent you from having optimal testosterone levels. You’d be forgiven for not knowing how easy it is to lose zinc through sweat. Even highly experienced T-booster users forget the importance of it for keeping T levels high. We love that it’s included here in Superior Labs TEST WORx. (4)
Here we come to the proprietary blend in TEST WORx. Let’s see what it has:
Here we come to the proprietary blend in TEST WORx. Let’s see what it has:
- Tribulus Terrestris – this was the hottest ingredient back in the day in the fledgling testosterone booster market. People thought it can boost libido and testosterone at high enough doses. But modern science shows that it only affects your libido, not the male hormone. (5)
- Maca Root – Maca is an unpredictable ingredient. For some people, it works to boost their libido and it may even help them against stress. But for others, it has no effect at all. (6) The only way to know if it works for you is by trying it yourself.
- Nettle Root – Nettle has moderate anti-inflammatory effects, particularly in regards to prostate and nasal inflammation. It can help with sinus problems and runny nose. Some research suggests it could also have slight anti-aromatase effects. Meaning it may reduce the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. But the highly reputable Examine states otherwise, saying that Nettle has no effects on testosterone whatsoever. (7)
- Longjack Extract – This is an awesome and natural libido booster, one of the best out there. (8)
- L-Arginine – You’ll find l-arginine mostly in pre-workout supplements. That’s because it boosts blood flow in some people. But it can also be useful in a T booster since it can help you maintain erections. (9)
Vitamin D, magnesium, and black pepper extract. These are some of the ingredients missing from TEST WORx.
It’s not the end of the world, but there’s no doubt it would be a stronger supplement with these ingredients included.
You’ll also usually find these ingredients in top T boosters:
- Mucuna Pruriens
- Vitamin K
Again, this might give you the impression that there’s a lot missing from Superior Labs TEST WORx. The truth is, there are just a few critical ones missing. Such as vitamin D, piperine, and magnesium. These alone would make this testosterone booster a lot stronger. Other ingredients listed here are optional.
How to Take (Dosage)
There are a couple of rules to follow when taking Superior Labs TEST WORx:
- Once per day take 2 capsules, 15 minutes before your first meal
- Take it for 5 days, then take 2 days off (for example, you take it from Monday-Friday, then don’t take it during the weekend)
- Take one whole week off after you finish the bottle, then you can continue taking it again
As you can see, there are a couple of rules to follow which makes it a bit confusing.
We like simple and straightforward dosage instructions. Ideally, the best testosterone boosters won’t require you to cycle them. Simply because they’re safe to be taken long-term.
On the other hand, Superior Labs TEST WORx should be cycled, which indicates there might be something in it that could cause long-term side effects.
TEST WORx Side Effects
Although TEST WORx warns you to cycle it every now and again, it’s a fairly safe product. With the exception of some negative customer reviews, we couldn’t find much that would make us worry about side effects.
Looking at its formula, you’ll only see natural ingredients, most of which have clinical evidence to back their safety. Zinc can sometimes cause nausea and diarrhea when you take too much of it. But TEST WORx uses a light dose of 10mg.
The only questionable part is the proprietary blend which doesn’t show you its dosages. Then again, the ingredients in it are all safe and natural compounds. And the total dosage of the blend is 475mg, which isn’t a lot.
The only potential reason to cycle here would be to prevent building up a tolerance to this testosterone booster.
You can see our top 3 testosterone boosters currently on the market here.
One bottle of Superior Labs TEST WORx will cost you $59.95.
Again, one bottle contains 60 capsules. So if you follow the recommendations and take 2 caps per day, it will last you a whole month.
They don’t offer any discounts when buying multiple bottles.
Is Superior Labs TEST WORx Good Value For Money?
$59.95 is no small price for a testosterone booster. This amount of money leaves no room for mistakes, something TEST WORx can’t say it’s achieved. It’s a good supplement, above average even, but it costs about the same as the best testosterone boosters out there. But the quality is not the same. As a result, it might not be the best value for money.
To conclude, Superior Labs TEST WORx is somewhat of a disappointment.
When we looked at the price, we expected a lot from it. But then we saw a lack of basic T-boosting ingredients like vitamin D and magnesium. We also noticed a proprietary blend in there.
This product is extremely popular on Amazon, it has thousands of customer reviews. This makes it clear that the producers of TEST WORx are looking to compete with the most effective T-boosters out there.
But we feel this supplement has some work to do in terms of its ingredients first. Then it might be able to fight for the top spot in the testosterone booster market.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin). (source)
- Vitamin B6. (source)
- Vitamin B12. (source)
- The effect of exhaustion exercise on thyroid hormones and testosterone levels of elite athletes receiving oral zinc. (source)
- Tribulus Terrestris. (source)
- Maca. (source)
- Ameliorative effects of stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) on testosterone-induced prostatic hyperplasia in rats. (source)
- Eurycoma longifolia Jack enhances libido in sexually experienced male rats. (source)
- Treatment of erectile dysfunction with pycnogenol and L-arginine. (source)